5 Reasons Why Construction Companies Should Have Job Costing Software
Construction is a tough business and there are so many ways to lose money on a job.
If you are a medium sized Construction or Building company and you are not using job costing software, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the information you receive on jobs timely?
- Do you have a system where costs are re-entered into Spreadsheets against Jobs, taking valuable time and is subject to errors?
- Wouldn’t it be good to enter information once and have all the Job information updated?
- Are you getting “One version of the Truth” or several versions of scattered data?
- How quickly are you able to tell if a Job is in trouble?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, here are 5 reasons why Construction Companies should have Job Costing Software
- You need to see the detail. Job Costing software can show you all transactions down to Cost Code Level against Budget
- 2. Track your Variations, Pending and Approved
- 3. Track your Orders and Commitments so that you can see what is ahead
- 4. Track your Labour Hours against your Budget
- 5. Produce your Progress Claims directly out of your Job Costing Software.
The process is simple. Get in touch with one of the team members at Thrive and we can discuss how to implement a strategic job costing software for your business.